Employees in the Water Treatment Plant ensure that top-quality drinking water is available to the citizens of Evanston 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. The public health and welfare of the citizens of Evanston is our first priority.
The City of Evanston Water Treatment Plant draws from 2 water supply sources: the Bear River and Sulphur Creek Reservoir.
About the Water Treatment Plant
- Our operators provide a safe, continuous supply of top-quality water at affordable rates.
- Our water exceeds EPA standards, which are far stricter than the FDA’s. We also provide to the public an Annual Water Quality Report each year as required by the Safe Drinking Water Act. The report is a snapshot of the previous year's water quality and contains details about where the water comes from, what it contains, and how it compares to the standards set by regulatory agencies.
- Operators maintain the plant, pump stations, and 5 satellite reservoirs, keeping all machinery and instrumentation in top working order.
- The facility has a state-of-the-art Ultraviolet disinfection system.
- We have an alternate power source for use in case of an emergency.