Documents & FAQs
Do I need a Building Permit?
Sheds and Accessory buildings larger than 12’x10’ or 120 square feet require a building permit.
New Sprinkler Systems and additions or extensions to existing Systems require a building permit.
New Fences and additions or extensions to existing Fences require a building permit.
Retaining Walls require a building permit. Any Retaining Wall over 4-foot tall requires engineer stamped plans to be submitted with the building permit.
Decks require a building permit.
Awnings or Covers require a building permit.
Solar Systems require a building permit and a Wyoming State Plan Review and Electrical Permit. Please review "Electrical PV Plan Review Checklist" below for more information.
Plot Plans or Site Plans and Construction Plans are required to be attached to all building permit requests (see example below).
Building Permit Fees are assessed based on the "Project Cost" entered on the permit application.
Project costs must include all materials and contractor fees when applicable.
Permit fees are listed on the Engineering Dept. Rate Sheets below.
Building Permit and General Information
- City of Evanston Legal Requirements.docx
- Design load values for Evanston Wyoming.docx
- Plot Plan.Typical.Bld Permit Requirments.2017.pdf
- Fences, Hedges & Retaining Walls.pdf
- Sheds and Accessory Buildings.pdf
- Sprinklers Systems.pdf
- Visibility Triangle.pdf
- Cut Permit Information.docx
- 2020 Engineering Dept Rate Sheets
- Electrical PV Plan Review Checklist
- Wyoming State Electrical Information Sheet